Sunday, November 18, 2012

Crafty Cover-up

My parents generously gave us their beautiful hutch for our kitchen.  It has so much great storage, which has become a black hole of miscellaneous stuff.  Originally, the door to the upper part was clear glass.  The glass provided a purview to the mess that was always lurking inside, so I went to one of my favorite stores, Jo-Ann Fabrics in search of pretty paper.  Using eight pieces of scrapbooking paper in a gorgeous golden filigree pattern and one page of laser-cut white, I was able to obscure the inner workings of the cabinet, while still keeping true to the hutch.  The whole project cost about $5.

Here's what the inside looks like.....




And, here's the outside.....

1 comment:

  1. Very impressive! I love your ideas and the jokes make me lol.

    ReplyDelete