Without further adieu.....
How to Make Chocolate Covered Mini-Pretzels
(Adapted from a Family Fun recipe)
- 3 (10 ounce) bags checkerboard or windowpane shaped pretzels
- 1 (17 5/8 ounce) bag holiday M&Ms (or whichever kind you want - could be milk chocolate, dark chocolate or both!)
- 6 (13 ounce) bags candy melts (sold at Michael's, AC Moore, Target, etc.) You can also use Hershey Kisses and Hugs!
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Open the bags of pretzels and remove all the unbroken pretzels.
- Place them on waxed paper-lined cookie sheets in a single layer.
- Place one candy melt on each pretzel, repeat for an entire cookie sheet.
- If using different types of candy (like Hugs and Kisses), DO ONLY ONE TYPE OF CANDY PER SHEET, as the Hugs melt much quicker than the Kisses.
- Place cookie sheets in the preheated oven, bake for 4 MINUTES FOR THE SHEET OF pretzels and HUGS, 5-6 minutes for the pretzels and Kisses or Melts.
- Immediately upon removing from the oven, place one M&M on top of each pretzel/chocolate.
- Place cookie sheet in freezer for 8-10 minutes, to allow chocolate to re-set.
If giving them as a gift (after you pop a few dozen in your mouth), divide them into small tupperware, print out a nice gift label, and tie with a ribbon. Instant present! Ah, how I wish I were Dan ;)
You can also customize according to whatever color scheme you want... This would be a great item for a bake sale or team fundraiser (just purchase candy melts matching your team's or school's colors!)