Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Completely New Way to Look at Resolutions


Happy New Year to everyone, from the City of Motherly Love!  I hope your holiday season was filled with all good things (including an abundance of chocolate).

Now that the New Year is here, so is the pressure to make resolutions.  I used to make all of the standard ones, like "Lose weight", "Exercise 4 times a week", "Learn a New Language" or "Organize the House."  You know - very specific promises that ain't gonna happen, which results only in feeling bad about ourselves.

A few years ago, I read some awesome advice about to completely change the way we approach resolutions...
Instead of making specific hard-to-keep resolutions, imagine the way you want to feel in the new year.  Maybe it's to feel "happier", "more relaxed", "healthier", or "more creative."  Then, think of easy ways you can accomplish that, little by little, each week.

That's where the City of Motherly Love comes in.... I'm on the same quest - to add a little extra fulfillment to every day through creative pursuits. 

These little things don't need to cost a lot of (or any) money, but they can make a huge difference.  So, over the next few weeks, in addition to my normal posts, I'll be sharing some ideas to get a little more inspiration out of every day!  I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas, so please keep them coming!

So, thanks so much for your support, and I wish a happy, healthy and creative 2013 to you and yours!