Double Chocolate Italian Cookies, Rolled in Sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 4 1/2 cups flour (I did 3 cups of regular flour, and the rest as whole wheat flour)
- 1 12 oz package chocolate chips
- 1 saucer filled with sugar (for rolling your cookies)
- Preheat to 350 degrees
- Starting with top ingredient, mix all ingredients together in a large bowl
- Once everything is mixed, roll the dough into balls.
- Then, roll each bowl in the sugar in the saucer.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven - cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!
Since there are no eggs or butter in this recipe, the cookies don't spread, so you can put them relatively close together on the baking sheet.
After 10 minutes, they're ready. Their consistency will be like cake. Delicious!