Solution: Purchase a DVD Converter, and ensure that your videos stay up to date!
When you have tapes professionally converted to DVD, it is VERY expensive. But, when you purchase the DVD Converter yourself, you can save a lot of money.
Over the summer, I converted all of our VHS tapes to DVD (including the ones where I had a perm and sky-high bangs!).
* Relatively simple to do.
* Finished DVDs can be played on your computer.
* Files can be copied onto your hard drive.
* Your kids will have a BLAST seeing all of the old videos.
* Cheaper (and more private) than having a professional do it for you.
* It is beyond satisfying to throw out the old, clunky VHS tapes and make way for the space efficient DVDs!!!!
* DVD Makers are not cheap
* It can be time-consuming
There are a lot of DVD Makers on the market, but we used the one below!
Savings Tip: Keep the DVD Maker in your cart for a while on Amazon and see if it goes down in price, since they often put it on "sale."
Happy movie making!
FYI - You may also need to purchase a separate AV cable to get the job done!