Maybe you celebrate Purim and this is the year you've decided to try baking Hamentaschen, a light, delicious, triangle shaped cookie with tasty chocolate or fruit filling tucked inside. Or, maybe you've never heard of this fun Jewish holiday, and just want to try an easy, new dessert recipe that will knock EVERYONE's socks off. Here is the recipe for YOU!
TheCityofMotherlyLove.com baker extraordinaire Wendy sent me this recipe, and me and my son made these show-stoppers this afternoon!
Hamentaschen - The Best Dessert You've (Probably) Never Had!
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups flour
- 1- 2 tsp vanilla
Filling ideas: Any kind of pie filling, jam, jelly, Nutella, or chocolate chips.
Makes: About 16
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix eggs, sugar, oil, vanilla in large bowl
- Add flour & baking powder until dough forms (do not overmix)*
- Roll out dough** on floured surface and use top of a glass as a cookie cutter to make 16 cookies
- Place round cookies on ungreased baking sheet
- Fill each with a dollop of filling and pinch 3 ends to make a triangular shape (we used strawberry jelly, chocolate chips and Nutella).
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 14 minutes
- * You can either use a hand mixer, food processor, or large mixing spoon to mix your dough. I used a spoon.
- **Tip - If you don't have a rolling pin, you can use your hands or a smooth glass. You may want to flour the rolling pin or the glass first.
|Making the delicious circles|
|Here are these beauties before they go into the oven.....|
|And another shot of ready to be baked treats|
|And the finished product... They won't be around for long!|
|More goodies!!!!! Made with apricot jam, Nutella and prune filling!|