Blueberries & Cream English Breakfast Bread
(Adapted from a Nigella Lawson recipe from People magazine)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sour cream (I used reduced fat)
- 1 or 2 tsp. vanilla extract (I like mine with lots of vanilla!)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a small loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium-size bowl, stir together flour, sugar and baking powder.
- In a small bowl, beat together oil, sour cream, vanilla and egg.
- Pour mixture over dry ingredients, stirring to combine. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour into pan, smoothing out the batter with a spatula.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- When bread is completely cool, sprinkle on powdered sugar.
Trust me, even Queen Liz will be asking you for this recipe!!!