When you fry up this recipe from my DIY Heirloom Cookbook, the house smells like heaven, and this dish only requires 4 ingredients. This is one of those recipes you can't get wrong. Good for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Fried Matzoh Recipe (also known as "Matzoh Brei")
- 4 sheets of Matzoh (any kind works)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons of butter (you can use margarine, but nothing says "frying" like real butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Break matzoh into pieces and put in a bowl.
- Rinse matzoh with water, drain.
- Beat eggs separately and add salt.
- Pour over matzoh.
- Let soak for 10 minutes.
- Fry in butter. Takes approx. 10 minutes to fry.
Interested in more tasty treats served during Passover?
Chocolate-Covered Caramelized Matzoh Crunch
Coconut Chocolate Chip Macaroons