Egg in a Heart
- 1 piece of bread
- 1 egg
- Shredded cheese
- Margarine or butter
- 1 heart shaped cookie cutter
- Spray a frying pan with Pam. Turn on medium heat.
- Beat egg in a bowl or small glass.
- Using the heart shaped cookie cutter, cut a heart shape out of the middle of the bread. Butter both pieces.
- Place both pieces (butter side down) on the warm pan. Press the pieces down with a spatula so they get a nice seal with the pan. Let cook for 30 seconds or so.
- Pour egg slowly into the heart-shaped hole in the bread (don't worry if a little bit seeps under the bread... It's all good!)
- Cover the pan with a lid. Let cook for 4 minutes or so, until egg is set.
- Sprinkle egg with shredded cheese, cover with the heart-shaped piece of bread, and cook until cheese is melted (usually no more than a minute!).
- Enjoy! It's like love on a plate!!!